FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £30INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Altitude 6149m, Grade 4D (grades)
At 6194m, Denali is the highest peak in the majestic Alaskan range of North America. Its huge 6000m bulk rises dramatically from the surrounding plains, adding to its Himalayan stature. Due to its very northerly position this is the coldest mountain outside of Antarctica, and so will give rise to the feeling of acclimatising on a 7000m peak. Climbing on Denali offers excellent experience for those wishing to step up to 8000m peaks in the future. In return for this challenge, the surroundings are spectacular and the terrain typical of what you would expect of Alaska; an ethereal land on the edge of the Arctic Circle. This is an isolated and committing mountain, giving one a sense of real adventure. The expedition is fully guided in conjunction with our authorised Alaskan partners and follows the Traverse of Denali’s. This is a challenging expedition. You must be confident on Scottish grade 2/3 ground with previous high altitude experience and ice understand crevasse rescue. It is important to book early on these expeditions, normally at least six months in advance.
No Sherpa or porter support is available on these trips. Success is therefore dependent on expedition members having a good level of fitness and the ability to carry reasonable loads each day on the mountain.
All flight inclusive prices shown are a FROM price and subject to change. In some situations where we indicate an overnight flight, a same day flight can be found and visa versa where a same day flight is indicated, sometimes an overnight flight will be used. Read more...
- Prices are inclusive of International flights where applicable. See Adjustments/Extras to the right for land only price information.
- Expedition Leader
- Travel to and from UK airport (unless otherwise specified).
- Internal flights
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Accommodation in Anchorage on a Bed & Breakfast basis (2 nights at start & 1 at the end which could be in Talketner.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- 90 - 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from Adventure Peaks shop
- Airport transfers (approx $20)
- Park Fee (approx $230 payable on arrival).
Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
Drinks and hotel or guest house meals unless specified.
Personal medical supplies.
Tips for local guides.
Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.