FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £40INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Altitude 8035m, Duration 44 days, Grade 4D (grades)
The easiest of the four Karakoram 8000m peaks.
Gasherbrum II is the least difficult of the Karakoram’s 8000m Peaks and provides a good introduction to the world of extreme high altitude mountaineering combined with one of the best treks in the world. The route is objectively safe with technical difficulties of, at most, Alpine AD on some sections. For this trip you should have previous experience of climbing to around 6800m and be technically competent to Scottish grade II/Alpine AD-.
We have gained a reputation for success on 8000m peaks; much is to do with the strength of support we put in place. On Gasherbrum we add considerable strength to our team by bringing in the support of our best Nepali Sherpas to work alongside our team of Pakistani high altitude porters.
*International Flights to Islamabad excluded.
Dates and Cost
|Start date||End Date||Days||Price*||Book now|
|15th Jun 2013||31st Jul 2013||47||£ 8750.00||Book Now|
|17th Jul 2013||1st Sep 2013||47||£ 8750.00||Book Now|
|14th Jun 2014||30th Jul 2014||47||£ 9250.00||Book Now|
|16th Jul 2014||31st Aug 2014||47||£ 9250.00||Book Now|
Our experienced Expedition leader will be supported by some of our regular Nepali climbing Sherpas. The friendly staff will also include a team of Pakistani high altitude porters, who we work very well with. In addition, we are supported by good cooks who all adhere to high levels of hygiene and care. Climber to Sherpa ratio 3:1
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- High Altitude Porter / Sherpa support
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel and other accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 - 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients.
- 15% discount off the RRP for equipment and clothing purchased from Adventure Peaks shop.
- Air travel (unless otherwise specified).
- Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
Drinks and hotel or guest house meals unless specified.
Personal medical supplies.
personal use of communication equipment.
Tips for porters and local guides & sherpa summit bonus.
Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
Flights from £625 upwards, depending on availability.
Oxygen for summit attempt
|Day 1||Fly to Islamabad|
|Day 2||Arrive in Islamabad|
|Day 3||Final preparations|
|Day 4-5||Fly to Skardu|
|Day 6||Drive to Askole|
|Day 7-13||Trek to BC, 4900m|
|Day 14-37||Climb Gasherbrum II|
|Day 38-43||Return trek to Hushe, via Gondogoro La (or join K2 expedition)|
|Day 44||Drive to Skardu|
|Day 45-46||Fly or drive to Islamabad|
|Day 47||Return international flight|