FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £30INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Altitude 8035m, Grade 4D (grades)
The easiest of the four Karakoram 8000m peaks.
Gasherbrum II is the least difficult of the Karakoram’s 8000m Peaks and provides a good introduction to the world of extreme high altitude mountaineering combined with one of the best treks in the world. The route is objectively safe with technical difficulties of, at most, Alpine AD on some sections. For this trip you should have previous experience of climbing to around 6800m and be technically competent to Scottish grade II/Alpine AD-.
We have gained a reputation for success on 8000m peaks; much is to do with the strength of support we put in place. On Gasherbrum we add considerable strength to our team by bringing in the support of our best Nepali Sherpas to work alongside our team of Pakistani high altitude porters
Dates and Cost
Choose to view this trip inclusive of flights or Land only
UK Flight inclusive prices
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Price||Early Booking||Book Now|
|14th Jun 2014||30th Jul 2014||47||£9900.00||None||Book Now|
|16th Jul 2014||31st Aug 2014||47||£9900.00||None||Book Now|
|13th Jun 2015||29th Jul 2015||47||£10100.00||None||Book Now|
|15th Jul 2015||30th Aug 2015||47||£10100.00||None||Book Now|
All flight inclusive prices shown are a FROM price and subject to change. In some situations where we indicate an overnight flight, a same day flight can be found and visa versa where a same day flight is indicated, sometimes an overnight flight will be used. Read more...
Our experienced Expedition leader will be supported by some of our regular Nepali climbing Sherpas. The friendly staff will also include a team of Pakistani high altitude porters, who we work very well with. In addition, we are supported by good cooks who all adhere to high levels of hygiene and care. Climber to Sherpa ratio 3:1
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- High Altitude Porter / Sherpa support
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel and other accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 - 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients.
- 15% discount off the RRP for equipment and clothing purchased from Adventure Peaks shop.
- Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
Drinks and hotel or guest house meals unless specified.
Personal medical supplies.
personal use of communication equipment.
Tips for porters and local guides & sherpa summit bonus.
Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
|Day 1||Fly to Islamabad|
|Day 2||Arrive in Islamabad|
|Day 3||Final preparations|
|Day 4-5||Fly to Skardu|
|Day 6||Drive to Askole|
|Day 7-13||Trek to BC, 4900m|
|Day 14-37||Climb Gasherbrum II|
|Day 38-43||Return trek to Hushe, via Gondogoro La (or join K2 expedition)|
|Day 44||Drive to Skardu|
|Day 45-46||Fly or drive to Islamabad|
|Day 47||Return international flight|
Poisk high altitude oxygen, uplifted to high camp. Supplied with a Top Out Mask.