FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £30INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Island Peak and Everest Base Camp
Altitude 6189m, Grade 2B (grades)
A great first Himalayan mountaineering experience.
This is a great first Himalayan mountaineering experience that includes glacier travel, moderate snow and ice climbing and a magnificent peak alongside spectacular views of Everest and many of Nepal’s other 8000m peaks.
You will have time to explore the exotic city of Kathmandu before flying into the remote mountain town of Lukla where you begin your trek into the Khumbu region of the Himalaya. We follow the main Everest trail through the many tiny villages with their Buddhist monasteries and unique mountain culture. The views grow more spectacular as we progress up the Dudh Kosi River to Namche Bazaar, the gateway to the Khumbu region and then up through Thyangboche where you are rewarded with spectacular views of Ama Dablam, Mt. Everest and Lhotse. Continuing through the valley through Pheriche to Gorak Shep we ascend Kalar Patar at 5554m and visit Everest BC before returning for the ascent of Island Peak.
The summit day involves a comfortable scramble, an intriguing rock ridge and then onto a wonderful glacier. Onwards, a steep snow headwall leads to a classic summit ridge. From here you are afforded fabulous views of many Himalayan giants, including the immense face of Lhotse, the elegant pyramid of Ama Dablam, the ragged summits of Nuptse and beyond to Baruntse and Makalu.
Dates and Cost
Choose to view this trip inclusive of flights or Land only
UK Flight inclusive prices
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Price||Early Booking||Book Now|
|11th Oct 2014||2nd Nov 2014||23||£2795.00||None||Book Now|
|1st Nov 2014||23rd Nov 2014||23||£2795.00||None||Book Now|
|28th Mar 2015||19th Apr 2015||23||£2845.00||None||Book Now|
|18th Apr 2015||10th May 2015||23||£2845.00||None||Book Now|
|10th Oct 2015||1st Nov 2015||23||£2845.00||None||Book Now|
|31st Oct 2015||22nd Nov 2015||23||£2845.00||None||Book Now|
Land only prices
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Price||Early Booking||Book Now|
|12th Oct 2014||1st Nov 2014||21||£2045.00||None||Book Now|
|2nd Nov 2014||22nd Nov 2014||21||£2045.00||None||Book Now|
|29th Mar 2015||18th Apr 2015||21||£2095.00||None||Book Now|
|19th Apr 2015||9th May 2015||21||£2095.00||None||Book Now|
|11th Oct 2015||31st Oct 2015||21||£2095.00||None||Book Now|
|1st Nov 2015||21st Nov 2015||21||£2095.00||None||Book Now|
All flight inclusive prices shown are a FROM price and subject to change. In some situations where we indicate an overnight flight, a same day flight can be found and visa versa where a same day flight is indicated, sometimes an overnight flight will be used. Read more...
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights booked with Adventure Peaks
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite Telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 - 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchased from Adventure Peaks shop
- Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
- Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights NOT booked with Adventure Peaks
- Travel to and from UK airport (unless otherwise specified).
- Drinks and hotel or guest house meals, unless specified.
- Personal medical supplies and personal use of communication equipment.
- Excess baggage.
- Tips for porters and local guides.
- Costs associated with an expedition finishing early or you finishing an expedition early
- Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances including the cost of extra nights accommodation, and if required the helicopter cost to and from Lukla (including a share of the leaders cost)
|Day 1 - 2||International flight to Kathmandu|
|Day 3||Day in Kathmandu|
|Day 4||Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding|
|Day 5||Trek to Namche Bazaar|
|Day 6||Acclimatisation in Namche Bazaar|
|Day 7||Trek to Tengboche|
|Day 8||Trek to Dingboche|
|Day 9||Acclimatisation in Dingboche|
|Day 10||Trek to Lobuche|
|Day 11||Trek to Gorak Shap. Climb Kalar Patar|
|Day 12||Trek to Everest Base Camp|
|Day 13||Descend to Dingboche|
|Day 14||Trek to Chukung|
|Day 15||Trek to Island Peak Base Camp|
|Day 16||Ascent of Island Peak|
|Day 17||Descend to Pangboche|
|Day 18||Descend to Namche Bazaar|
|Day 19||Descend to Lukla|
|Day 20||Fly to Kathmandu|
|Day 21||Day in Kathmandu|
|Day 22 - 23||Return international flight|
An early morning spectacular flight over Everest. The flight is from Kathmandu and lasts around one hour, taking you close to Everest and its surrounding peaks. Window seats are guaranteed.
You can round off your trip with a 3-night / 4-day wildlife safari in Chitwan National Park. This includes an unforgettable jeep safari, river canoe trip, a full day walking safari, elephant ride and a trip to the elephant stables. The price is inclusive of Park Permits and lodge accommodation with all meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on your day of departure. Travel by vehicle from Kathmandu (Everest Treks) or Pokhara (Annapurna Treks) and return flight to Kathmandu. Flights from Kathmandu can be arranged for a supplement of £85.00 An extra day can be added for a supplement of £80.00