FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £40INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Altitude 5137m, Duration 9 days, Grade 2A (grades)
A spectacular journey to this volcanic landscape set deep in the old Ottoman Empire .
Please note to obtain permits you must book at least 3 months in advance.
A wonderful mountain experience that takes you to Turkey’s highest peak, for Christians it is believed to be the final resting place for Noah’s Ark. Mt Ararat is an extinct volcano that provides a long but fairly easy mountaineering objective that takes you over 5000 metres. We fly to Istanbul where we may be able to explore the minarets and markets before we fly to Van and transfer overland to Dogubeyazit. The ascent then takes 5 days with the support of porters and mules to enable you to enjoy the freedom of a day sac and the opportunity, given clear weather, to concentrate on taking photos looking out towards Russia and Georgia.
Dates and Cost
|Start date||End Date||Days||Price*||Book now|
|22nd Jun 2013||30th Jun 2013||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
|27th Jul 2013||4th Aug 2013||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
|24th Aug 2013||1st Sep 2013||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
|21st Jun 2014||29th Jun 2014||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
|26th Jul 2014||3rd Aug 2014||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
|23rd Aug 2014||31st Aug 2014||9||£ 1250.00||Book Now|
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel and other valley accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- 70-90 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from Adventure Peaks shop
- Travel to and from UK airport (unless otherwise specified).
- Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
- Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
- Drinks and hotel or guest house meals, unless specified.
- Personal medical supplies and personal use of communication equipment.
- Excess baggage.
- Tips for porters and local guides.
- Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
- Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
- Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
Flights are available from £250 upwards