FREE UK DELIVERY ON WEB ORDERS OVER £30INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY SALE - FINAL REDUCTION
Secure online booking
Altitude 7134m, Grade 3C (grades)
A spectacular 7000m peak offering incredible views of the Pamirs
Peak Lenin at 7134m is the third highest mountain in the former Soviet Union and is situated in the Pamirs range of Kyrgyzstan. It is one of the most accessible of the world’s 7000m peaks. The climb is non technical and truly Himalayan by proportion but yet relatively cost effective.
Peak Lenin is one of only five 7000m peaks in the former USSR, the others being Ismoli Somoni (Peak Communism) (7495m) and Korzhenevsky (7105m), both in the Pamirs, and Peak Pobeda (7439m) and Khan Tengri (7010m) in the Tien Shan. To climb all five admits you to the elite group of Russian climbers known as Snow Leopards.
Base camp is idyllic, situated on a raised meadow of alpine flowers between two steep river valleys. From Base Camp we head over the Puteshestvinnikov Pass to the moraine of the Lenin Glacier which is ascended to reach camp 1 at (4200 m). We establish two or three further camps, crossing the subsidiary peak Razdelny. It is from here the views really open up towards Ismoli Somoni and the Hindu Kush.
The summit can be attempted in one long day, or a fourth camp can be placed at about 6200 metres. The summit at 7134 metres is crowned by a number of plaques, including one of Lenin himself. The views, as you would expect, are outstanding and stretch right across the Pamirs to Muztag Ata and Kongur in China and to the west, the Karakoram.
Peak Lenin Expedition 2012
Dates and Cost
Choose to view this trip inclusive of flights or Land only
UK Flight inclusive prices
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Price||Early Booking||Book Now|
|27th Jun 2015||19th Jul 2015||23||£3425.00||None||Book Now|
|4th Jul 2015||26th Jul 2015||23||£3425.00||None||Book Now|
|18th Jul 2015||9th Aug 2015||23||£3450.00||None||Book Now|
|8th Aug 2015||30th Aug 2015||23||£3450.00||None||Book Now|
All flight inclusive prices shown are a FROM price and subject to change. In some situations where we indicate an overnight flight, a same day flight can be found and visa versa where a same day flight is indicated, sometimes an overnight flight will be used. Read more...
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Travel to and from UK airport (unless otherwise specified).
- Internal flights
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights booked with Adventure Peaks
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel accommodation in Bishkek on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite Telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 - 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients.
- 24 hour back up and support from UK staff.
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from Adventure Peaks shop
- Travel to and from UK airport.
Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
Drinks and hotel or guest house meals unless specified.
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights NOT booked with Adventure Peaks
Personal medical supplies.
Personal use of communication equipment.
Tips for porters and local guides.
Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
|Day 1||International flight to Bishkek|
|Day 2||Flight to Osh|
|Day 3||Drive to Achik-Tash Base Camp|
|Day 4||Acclimatisation on Petrovskogo Peak|
|Day 5 - 19||Ascent of Peak Lenin|
|Day 20||Drive to Osh|
|Day 21||Flight to Bishkek|
|Day 22||Day in Bishkek|
|Day 23||Return International flight|
Add Korzhenevskaya Peak and Ismoil Somoni (Peak Communism) Extension onto your 2014 Peak Lenin trip.