About Adventure Peaks
Adventure Peaks Worldwide Mountaineering and Trekking offers one of the most extensive programmes of Expeditions, Treks and Courses for walkers and climbers provided by any British adventure travel company. Our aim is to offer something for all levels and abilities.
Adventure Peaks prides itself on the number of clients progressing through courses and expeditions and our reputation is growing from repeat bookings and word of mouth. We are always very happy for you to contact past clients for feedback.
Whatever mountaineering experience you are looking for, we believe you will find it with us; whether it is just for yourself, your family and friends or a group of like-minded people, we’re sure we can find something to suit.
Adventure Peaks – 101 Lake Road Gallery
16 YEARS OF SUCCESS
My love of the mountains started at an early age. Being brought up in Keswick, in the north of the Lake District helped – I had a whole playing field of crags and rivers to explore, which I did in every spare moment. Graduating as a design teacher in my early twenties, holidays were filled with climbing some of the most beautiful mountains in the world. I discovered a real thrill in pushing myself to the limit and exploring new places.
In 2000 I started ‘Adventure Peaks’ which I ran as a one man band from my spare room! I built a following of loyal, like minded mountaineers, and together we discovered some beautiful and remote regions of the world.
From small beginnings come great things, and today we are proud to employ 26 dedicated, permanent staff, whilst also offering part-time and freelance work to guides and instructors around the globe.
Alongside the more famous worldwide treks and expeditions, our team of guides offer our equally important UK courses, with technical climbing instruction, guided walks, gorge and waterside scrambles.
Following the success of our existing two Ambleside retail outlets – providing the best brands in outdoor & activity gear for the whole family – 2010 saw us open the doors to a new generation of store “one of the most technical shops in the world…” with two floors of extreme expedition gear and the latest in technically innovative clothing and equipment. The store is built around a state-of-the-art Climbing Wall and boulder room, with view-point Café. It is here that our highly trained staff support and encourage individuals and groups, helping develop the next generation of climbers.
Adventure Peaks is proud to boast of its achievements, brought about by the dedication of a strong & determined team…amongst many other rewards and recognitions for the hard work that our skilled leaders have achieved, are the ‘World speed record for the Seven Summits’ and the ‘Youngest to complete the Seven Summits and the thrice held record for the ‘Youngest person to summit Mount Everest’ (Jake Meyer in 2005 and Rob Gauntlet and James hopper in 2006, George Atkinson in 2011). In 2014 we organised the Grand Slam for Sebastian Merriman to complete the Seven Summits and Two Poles in just over 12 months.
Despite all this success, I never forget how it started. My own passion for the mountains still inspires my choice of treks and expeditions. The loyalty of returning clients and assisting those with little experience to learn new skills is a great motivator.
So, as we are recognised as a world leader in the mountains – and also in providing expert support and advice for your Expedition, Trek or Course why not visit us here in Ambleside – within the heart of the beautiful Lake District…. you never know where you might end up!
As we complete our sixteenth year we will continue to help you ‘Live The Dream!’.
DAVE PRITT (Director)
Our successes include…
- 38 previously unclimbed Peaks in the Tien Shan and Kyrgyzstan
- 100% summit success on Carstensz Pyramid (Australasia) including the first Irish & South African ascents
- 95% summit success on Kilimanjaro with over 500 clients to the summit
- 95% success on Elbrus
- 99% summit success on Mt Vinson
- 80% success on Everest (in a 3 year period 28 started their summit day with 22 reaching the summit)
- 81%+ summit success on Aconcagua, South America (out of 100 clients 81 reached the summit)
- 75% summit success on Denali, North America
- Three times guiding the youngest British person to the summit of Everest (Jake Meyer in 2005 and Rob Gauntlet and James Hopper in 2006 – then in 2011 George Atkinson
- The Seven Summits World Record in 2007
- World Record for the youngest to complete the Seven Summits in 2011
- 2013 – First British female ascent of Himlung Himal
- 2013 – First Danish ascent of Himlung Himal
- 2013 – New expedition to Korzhenevskaya sees success
- 2014 – 7 summits and 2 Poles – Adventure Peaks successfully organised the grand slam of all nine for Sebastian Merriman to become the 5th Brit and 38th person in the world to complete this amazing challenge in just over twelve months.