About Adventure Peaks
Adventure Peaks Worldwide Mountaineering offers one of the most extensive programmes of Expeditions and Courses for walkers and climbers provided by any British expedition company. Our aim is to offer something for all levels and abilities.
Adventure Peaks prides itself on the number of clients progressing through courses and expeditions and our reputation is growing from repeat bookings and word of mouth. We are always very happy for you to contact past clients for feedback.
Whatever mountaineering experience you are looking for, we believe you will find it with us; whether it is just for yourself, your family and friends or a group of like-minded people, we’re sure we can find something to suit.
Adventure Peaks – 101 Lake Road Gallery
10 YEARS OF SUCCESS
My love of the mountains started at an early age. Being brought up in Keswick, in the north of the Lake District helped – I had a whole playing field of crags and rivers to explore, which I did in every spare moment. Graduating as a teacher in my early twenties, holidays were filled with climbing some of the most beautiful mountains in the world. I discovered a real thrill in pushing myself to the limit and exploring new places.
In 2000 I started Adventure Peaks which I ran as a one man band from my spare room! I built a following of loyal, like minded mountaineers and together we discovered some beautiful and remote regions of the world.
From small beginnings come great things – today we employ 10 full time permanent office and shop staff and offer courses, treks and expeditions to every continent as well as running a climbing wall and shops in Ambleside and online. We hold the World speed record for the Seven Summits and have twice held the record for the youngest person to summit Mount Everest (Jake Meyer in 2005 and Rob Gauntlet and James hopper in 2006)
Despite this success, I never forget how it started. My own passion for the mountains still inspires my choice of treks and expeditions. The loyalty of returning clients and assisting those with little experience to learn new skills is a great motivator.
As we complete our tenth year we can now celebrate a move to new premises and the opening of our climbing wall, cafe and one of the most technical shops in the world. We are a world leader in the mountains and also in providing expert support and advice for your trek, expedition or course. Why not visit us in Ambleside within the heart of the beautiful Lake District…. you never know where you might end up!!!! As we complete our tenth year we will continue to help you ‘live the dream’.
DAVE PRITT (Director)
Our successes include…
- 30 unclimbed Peaks in the Tien Shan and Kyrgyzstan
- 100% summit success on Carstensz Pyramid (Australasia) including the first Irish & South African acscents
- 99.97% summit success on Kilimanjaro over 450 clients to the summit
- 98% success on Elbrus
- 98% summit success on Mt Vinson
- 80 % success on Everest (in a 3 year period 40 team members started their summit day with 36 reaching the summit)
- 81%+ summit success on Aconcagua, South America. (out of 100 clients 81 reached the summit)
- 75% summit success on Denali, North America
- Three times guiding the youngest British person to the summit of Everest (Jake Meyer in 2005 and Rob Gauntlet and James hopper in 2006 – then in 2011, Geordie Stewart summitted 2 hours ahead of George Atkinson who still holds the record)
- The Seven Summits World Record in 2007