The Team Leader : Zac Poulton.
View Ama Dablam details and book online
Team: Matthew Smith, Victoria Smith, Carrie Gibson, David Shorthouse, Paul Taylor, Allan Isherwood
8th Nov Everyone has arrived back safely in the UK.
4th Nov The team arrived back in Namche yesterday and will be heading back to Lukla today.
1st Nov Unfortunately the weather did not clear until 9am (local time) this morning, and deposited 6-8 inches of fresh snow overnight. The decision was made to descend. The team are now back at base camp, except for Matthew who stopped at camp 1 for a rest and will continue down to base camp tomorrow. Tomorrow the team will rest, whilst the sherpa team bring down the remaining tents and kit, then the team will depart base camp for the trek back over the following 2 days.
31st Oct The team are now at camp 2. The weather is currently poor, with some snow and strong winds, but is forecast to clear overnight, give clear weather with lighter winds over the next 3 days. They will be checking the weather at 12am (local time) tonight, and if its cleared they will be make their summit attempt in the early hours of the morning. Fingers crossed & good luck everyone!!
30th Oct Carrie has arrived safely back in the UK today. The rest of the team are at Camp 1, and will be moving up the mountain over the next few days with the aim of making a summit bid on the 1st November.
27th Oct Carrie called in today she is now back in Kathmandu and being well looked after. She has broken her lower arm and will be seeing the consultant this afternoon. All the AP team wish her well and a speedy recovery. The rest of the team are having a couple of rest days and will now aim for a summit bid around the 1st or 2nd November.
26th Oct A final decision was made to make a summit bid, and the team are now making their way up the mountain to be in place for an attempt. Unfortunately Carrie, after a slip, has a suspected broken wrist. She is fine and being well looked after, arrangements are being made to fly her off the mountain. Once Carrie is off, presumably the rest of the team will then continue on their way up, watch this space!!!
25th Oct The team have spent their third night at Camp 1 and are moving to Camp 2 tomorrow. They will then drop back down to base camp prior to the summit bid. At present they are looking at the 29th for their summit attempt.
22nd Oct Zac rang in to let us know that everyone has made it to camp 1 and should be going to camp 2 tommorrow. All of the lines are now fixed and everything is looking good for them.
19th Oct The team have all been above 5000m now. Some went up to 5400m. they had the Puja today and practiced some fixed line skills. Tomorrow they will head up to Yak camp and then Camp1 the day after. They intend to spend two nights at Camp 1 while pushing up an touching camp 2. They will then descend back down to rest before making their summit bid.
16th Oct The group has arrived safely in BC and will now rest and acclimatise a little more tomorrow before taking a walk towards Camp 1. All are well.
14th Oct The team arrived at Namche yesterday and everyone is acclimatizing well. They had a rest day today, which resulted in a walk up to Khumjung to see the Yeti skull and over to the Everest View Hotel. The group will trek to Pangboche tomorrow.
24th Sep Zac and the team will depart from the UK on the 9th October.