9th February – 1600hrs: Stu called from the summit, sounding extremely happy! Stu, Seb, Tim and Mike have all made it to the top after a seven and a half hour ascent. it is windy and very cold, which is why Richard and Tony turned back from about 6500m due to the cold.
8th Aug, Summit success! Stu has called to report success on Summit day. The team set off early but faced very cold and very windy conditions with big down jackets on all the way. Alex and Havel made it to the summit with the remainder turning back after reaching 6400m just below camp 4.
Mt Ararat Expedition News 4th September 2010.
- Leader : Stu Peacock
- John Hughes
- Keith Vaughton
- Robert McCormick
- Peter Hilton
- Krister Hilton
- Mark Pritchard
10th Sept – The team we’re safely back at camp 1 last night, and are heading down to the town of Dogubayazit today.
Alpamayo Expedition News 25th July 2009.
The Team Leader : Stu Peacock
The Team: Ken Boardman, Jim Griffiths, Peter Knight, Angela Hunter , Jason Owen, David Sandham
13th August – ‘We arrived back in Huaraz last night after a successful summit of Alpamayo. Only Jason didn´t summit; he still felt tired after the two days ascent from base camp so decided not to go for it. Once again we struck lucky with the weather as the day after summit day there was a dump of snow and the only other groups hoping to attempt the summit abandoned their bids and came back down to base camp. The weather on our summit day was not great, with cloud consuming the mountain for most of the night and day, however the top was clear´ísh and in the evening the mountain did completely clear so we managed to get some decent pictures before we headed back down to base camp. We are celebrating this afternoon by having what´s called a Pachamanca, which is a Peruvian traditional way of cooking food in an earth and stone oven, along with a couple of celebratory drinks. We head back to Lima tomorrow afternoon and all depart Peru on the 15th.
See you soon, Stu.’
Bolivian Peaks Expedition News 4th July 2009.
The Team Leader : Stu Peacock
The Team: Shaun Crawford Jon Egdell
Cath Milnes David Wilson
23rd July – SUMMIT SUCCESS – ‘We´ve just arrived back from a very cold and snowy Illimani. The day we arrived at Illimani Base Camp the clouds had grown dark and menacing with the tops hidden from view. At 6.30pm that night the wind really picked up threatening to blow down many of the tents at base camp, it started to snow, which was a big surprise to all. The weather didn´t relent until around 6.30am the following morning when we awoke to a white vista across the base camp plain. We soon discovered that the 40 or so climbers at high camp had all abandoned their summit attempt and were heading down.
23rd May 4:34am. SUMMIT SUCCESS ongoing. The following news was received at 4.30am GMT. Mark Procter & Peter Brittleton summited around 2.00am GMT and are reported to be at the balcony on their way to high camp. Matt Williams summited along with Nuru and Dowaat 4.00am GMT.
29th Sept Stu phoned from ABC early afternoon to say that the group are successfully back at camp having had an unsuccessful attempt at Cho Oyu summit. The weather has been bad, with heavy snow meaning that they had to break trail to Camp 2 and Camp 3. Once above Camp 3 the winds were so strong they were forced to abandon their summit bid, along with a number of other teams. All team members are safe and well and will make preparations to return to Kathmandu in the coming days.