Leader: Chris Horobin
Read more details on our Kilimanjaro Machame route
Team: Simeon C, Martyn B, Greg S, John S, Richard S, David P
20th Jan: Chris and the team are now back down at the hotel in Moshi and all is well. They are now looking forward to their safari/return journey.
19th Jan: Chris has sent word that the team are now back down at Mweka camp, tired and foot sore but enjoying the cool beer, after making their summit bid. Greg turned round with porter at Stella Point on the crater rim, the rest of the team made it to Uhuru. Well done to all.
18th Jan: Simeon is now down safe in Moshi. Chris and the team will be making their summit bid tonight, so we wish them all well for that.
16th Jan: The team have now reached Baranco camp, they went up to the Lava towers for some extra acclimatisation. Simeon has not been feeling well today and has decided not to attempt the summit, depending how he feels tomorrow he might head down with a porter from Karanga. The rest of the team are doing fine and in good spirits.
15th Jan: The team are now on their way to Shira camp the second camp on the Machame route of Kilimanjaro. Three of the team were delayed in Nairobi after missing a connection, but mnaged to get to Tanzani yesterday. Their baggage was delayed but is porters are now catching them up so all being well it will be with them this afternoon. Thankfully they were able to rent sleeping bags from the park gate and although not ideal it meant the team didn’t have to delay any further. The group are now looking forward to the challenge ahead and hoping that the weather stays good for them.