Leader and news updates: Stu Peacock
Read full Peak Lenin details and book Peak Lenin online
8th Aug: Stu has called to report mixed success on Summit day. They have had a bad few days of weather so pushed the summit attempt back as far as possible waiting for improvements.
The team set off early but faced very cold and very windy conditions with big down jackets on all the way. The 2 Stu’s, Alex and Havel made it to the summit with the remainder turning back after reaching 6400m just below camp 4. Conditions did start to clear towards the Summit then cloud quickly obscured the view.
Despite the hard conditions everyone is well and back down to camp 3 below Mt Razdelnaya. Tomorrow will be the return to Advanced Base Camp then the day after picked up and driven back to Osh.
6th Aug: The team are currently camped on the col between camp 3 and camp 4. Quite a lot of snow is falling and more is forecast for Monday night and Tuesday now. They are still hoping for a summit attempt tomorrow (quite a long push from where they are camped), but this will depend on how much snow falls tonight.
3rd Aug: The team came down to Advanced Base Camp yesterday and are having a rest day today. The plan is to head up to camp 2 tomorrow, camp 3 on Sunday and a camp 4 on Monday. The extra camp will give the team a much better Summit day. Stu is planning a summit attempt on Tuesday as the weather reports are forecasting sun and light winds.
1st Aug: Stu called today to update us on the team’s progress. Roger and Tony have returned to Bishkek. The rest of the group moved up to Camp 2 yesterday. As it was Richard’s first time up there, he will stay there today and maybe do a short acclimatisation walk. The others have headed up to Camp 3 and are tired but well. They will return to Advanced Base Camp tomorrow, have a rest day and then dependant on the weather, will come back up to Camp 2. The plan is then to miss out Camp 3 and head straight up to Camp 4, weather permitting.
30th July: Tony and Roger are departing back down to Bishkek today but the other team members are heading back up to Camp 2 on Tuesday then onto Camp 3 on Wednesday. With a return to Advanced Base Camp on Thursday for a rest day.
28th July: Stu called today on the Sat phone. The reception was patchy, but he managed to update us that most of the team are at Camp 2 at 5300m. They will spend the night there to acclimatise, then head back to Advanced Base Camp tomorrow, possibly for a rest day. Tony, Richard and Roger have decided to stay at Advanced Base Camp today and join up with the group upon their return tomorrow.
25th July: A Sat phone update from Stu – The team are well and have arrived at Advanced Base Camp today rather than doing an additional peak as there was a snow fall over night. Tomorrow is looking to be a rest day or perhaps a trip onto the glacier depending on the group. They may move to Camp 2 on Saturday if the group are all feeling okay.
23rd July: The team have now arrived in Osh with all the 130kg of group kit. Excess baggage cost the sky high fee of 65 euros, which was a nice surprise. All the team are well and looking forward to a bit of rest today and then the journey to base camp tomorrow. Stu.
22nd July: The team have all arrived safely after a long flight and enjoyed a good meal with the other Adventure Peaks Tien Shan clients who arrived the same day. They have an early start at 4am tomorrow for their Flight to Osh.
20th July: The team will be flying out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone and enjoy the trip.