The Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Parka AW21 is most advanced, and carefully crafted high-altitude climbing parka ever made: the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Parka now uses 800-fill RDS-Certified, fluorine-free Allied Down—the most responsibly-sourced and -processed down insulation available. Mountain Hardwear worked with Garrett Madison, big mountain guide and Mountain Hardwear elite athlete, to ensure that the evolution of this welded, waterproof construction continues to withstand the harshest conditions atop the worlds highest peaks. This robust jacket is designed to withstand the harshest of conditions, from 8000m peaks to the arctic conditions of Denali, making it one of the most versatile pieces that the Expedition Shop stocks.
Designers worked with the world’s most accomplished alpinists to redesign our iconic Absolute Zero Suit from the ground up, refining features from oxygen mask-compatibility to a unique internal suspender system. As a part of the Garrett Madison collection, each item has been tested rigorously in the lab and field. His lifetime of big mountain experience, coupled with Mountain Hardwear’s intentional approach to designing with the most innovative fabrics, materials and construction, yields these objects that enable you to push your own boundaries.
Specifications of the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Parka AW21
- Uses: Alpine Climbing, high altitude expeditions
- Pertex 20D Diamond Fuse Ripstop shell fabric
- Welded baffle construction with 800-fill RDS-Certified Allied Down
- Low profile, insulated fixed hood with drawcord for quick adjustments
- Pertex® 30D Poriechirenn reinforced panels at elbows
- Extended underarm vent zippers
- Internal brace
- Cuff gasket with thumb loops to keep out snow and wind
- Insulation is bluesign® approved
- 800-fill RDS-Certified Down/Flourine Free
- 3 lb / 1378 g