The Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Suit is the most advanced, and carefully crafted high-altitude climbing suit ever made. Mountain Hardwear have worked with the world’s most accomplished alpinists to redesign this suit from the ground up, refining features from oxygen mask compatibility to a unique internal suspender system.
This latest model of the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Suit has been used by Adventure Peaks clients in recent years on both Mount Everest and the ‘Savage Mountain’ itself, K2. With 50mph winds a regular occurence and more often that not experiencing gusts of 100mph, leading to wind chill temperatures of minus 50, the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero suit is a trusted, tried and tested bit of kit.
The outer fabric is made up Dry-Q 2 Layer ripstop and is waterproof and breathable with fully taped seams meaning that the maximum workmanship is put in to keeping you warm and comfortable while you stand on the roof of the world.
This fully welded down suit is packed with 800-fill down. The goose down is a water repellent, hydrophobic treated down, to prevent the down clumping together cold spots forming. and comes as standard with an oxygen-mask-compatible collar so you can breathe.
The reinforced panels , specifically to the forearms, seat and lower leg provide the added durability to provide enhanced protection against fixed lines, crampons and when sitting down for that all important rest.
Specifications of the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Suit
- Q Shield™ Down: welded, watertight baffle construction
- 6-slider watertight rainbow rear-zip for easy on/off
- Oxygen mask compatible collar
- Low profile, insulated, fixed hood with one-handed drawcord for quick fit adjustments
- Reinforced panels at elbows, knees, seat and hem
- Fabric Body: Dry.Q™ 2L Ripstop (100% Nylon)
- Insulation: Q.Shield™ DOWN 800-Fill
- RDS Certified Down Insulation
- Center Back Length: 28 in / 71 cm
- Weight: 3 lb. 15 oz. / 1.78 kg.
This product is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) by Control Union.