Whether you’re exploring snow topped hills or making the most of a cold day on the rock, our Axion is your hardwearing down jacket.
Perfect for cold belays and winter walking, the Axion Jacket is reassuringly warm. Filled with 650 fill power hydrophobic down, the outer is designed using the durable and water resistant Pertex Endurance fabric, ensuring you stay snug even as the temperatures drop. To keep the weight down without compromising the durability, the inner is made from Pertex Quantum. This makes the Rab Axion Jacket a warm, wind and water resistant option at an affordable price.
Alongside this both the hood and cuffs are made from Pyrotec – a synthetic insulation that will dry quickly on the occasions you are caught in damper weather we regular get here in the UK. Fully adjustable with features such as a helmet compatible hood and two-way zip the Axion is a winter workhorse with all the features you need to shelter from the cold.
From the days of the Rab Axion being known as the Ascent Jacket, the Axion is a firm favourite with cold weather outdoor enthusiasts. The Axion is practical and durable so you can take it away whatever your trip as your go to warm layer, whether it be a on one of our courses including a trip to Kilimanjaro or ready at the end of the day after an ascent of Ben Nevis in winter.
Specifications for the Rab Axion Jacket
- Weight: 785g (estimate)
- Pertex® Endurance outer and Pertex Quantum® inner
- 650FP R.D.S. Certified European Duck Down (280g/9.9oz size L)
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch through construction
- YKK® VISLON® 2-way front zip with chin guard and 2 YKK® zipped handwarmer pockets.
- A Helmet compatible hood with flexible polymer wired peak
- Adjustable cuffs, hood and hem
- Fast drying Pyrotec™ synthetic cuffs and hood
- Stuffsack included
- Regular fit