It’s light, easy to put on (even when wearing crampons, skis or snowshoes) and has plenty of racking for gear and screws. The ‘diaper’ pull through leg loops design allows you to put it on without undoing any cumbersome buckles (a task especially difficult with gloves on) or standing into the leg loops.
We’ve used ‘supported’ 44mm webbing on the waistbelt – this is surprisingly comfortable on hanging belays, it’s also low profile so it will fit snugly under your rucsac.
This harness has proved a firm favourite with our team of winter gear testers, which includes top alpinists such as Nick Bullock.
- Full specification alpine harness
- Low weight and minimal pack size
- Twin hypalon ice screw racking strips
- Five gear loops
- 20mm belay loop rated at 25kN
- 44mm minimally padded waist for lightweight comfort