Gasherbrum II is the least difficult of the Karakoram’s 8000m Peaks and provides a good introduction to the world of extreme high altitude mountaineering combined with one of the best treks in the world. The route is objectively safe with technical difficulties of, at most, Alpine AD on some sections. For this trip you should have previous experience of climbing to around 6800m and be technically competent to Scottish grade II/Alpine AD-.
We have gained a reputation for success on 8000m peaks; much is to do with the strength of support we put in place. On Gasherbrum we add considerable strength to our team by bringing in the support of our best Nepali Sherpas to work alongside our team of Pakistani high altitude porters
TRAVEL BETWEEN ISLAMABAD AND SKARDU WILL BE BY AIR AND NOT BY ROAD, EVEN IF THIS CAUSES DELAYS IN OUR ITINERARY
Our experienced Expedition leader will be supported by some of our regular Nepali climbing Sherpas. The friendly staff will also include a team of Pakistani high altitude porters, who we work very well with. In addition, we are supported by good cooks who all adhere to high levels of hygiene and care. Climber to Sherpa ratio 3:1
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- High Altitude Porter / Sherpa support
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel and other accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 – 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients.
- 15% discount off the RRP for equipment and clothing purchased from Adventure Peaks shop.
It is vitally important that you have adequate travel insurance for your trip with Adventure Peaks. We recognise the complexity and variety of choice in the insurance market and know that many of you either have your own preferred insurer or have annual multi trip cover in place already. If this is the case, please ensure that your insurer is aware of your Adventure Peaks itinerary and can agree to cover the activities being undertaken.
Adventure Peaks do not provide any advice on travel insurance, although it is a requirement of our booking conditions that you have travel insurance which covers the activities which you are likely to be undertaking on your holiday. Cover must include emergency medical, helicopter evacuation, repatriation and rescue expenses.
It is strongly recommended that suitable cancellation insurance is purchased at the time of booking as all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Suggested insurance companies include:
Expeditions or Treks