Our 2016 team was perhaps the strongest on the mountain, but unfortunately like most teams our expedition was brought to an abrupt close following an avalanche that swept away Camp 3 taking with it vital equipment and oxygen that had been put in place by teams in readiness for their impending summit attempts. Adventure Peaks will be returning in 2017 as we already have a very strong team confirmed. The expedition team will be supported by experienced British leaders, 1:1 Nepali Sherpa and High Altitude Porters.
To the mountaineer, K2 can be regarded as the ‘mountain of mountains’. Its allure arises from the combination of its isolation, extremes of weather, great altitude and technical climbing demands; K2 is a very serious and compelling objective. Our challenging route takes us onto the well documented Abruzzi Spur.or the Cesen Route. Even though these routes have become the most common, they are by no means completely straightforward. We negotiate steep snow slopes and difficult rock steps over fairly open and exposed ground, including the infamous ‘Shoulder’ at around 8000m.
We are truly amongst the stuff of dreams as we climb our way into the higher reaches of our route. The vertical height gain from Base Camp to summit is over 3500m, on which we will aim to place four further camps to support our ascent and acclimatization. The expedition will be fully supported by a team of Nepali Sherpa’s. You must have previous experience of 8000m and be technicalled skilled to at least Scottisg grade 3.
Sherpa 1:1 price on request.
TRAVEL BETWEEN ISLAMABAD AND SKARDU WILL BE BY AIR AND NOT BY ROAD, EVEN IF THIS CAUSES DELAYS IN OUR ITINERARY
Our experienced Expedition leader will be supported by some of our regular Nepali climbing Sherpas. This friendly staff team will also include a team of Pakistani high altitude porters, who we work very well with. In addition, we are also supported by equally good cooks who all have high levels of hygiene and care. Climber to Sherpa ratio 2:1.
This is a professionally led non-guided expedition for experienced mountaineers who want to work as part of a team to tackle the mountain. We say non-guided because our leader and climbing Sherpa team working with you will not be able to protect your every move. You must, therefore, have a broad base of mountaineering experience enabling you to be capable and willing to move between camps unassisted. You will have good support on the mountain from our leader and Sherpa team.
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- Hotel and other accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite Telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 – 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and returning clients
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from Adventure Peaks shop
It is vitally important that you have adequate travel insurance for your trip with Adventure Peaks. We recognise the complexity and variety of choice in the insurance market and know that many of you either have your own preferred insurer or have annual multi trip cover in place already. If this is the case, please ensure that your insurer is aware of your Adventure Peaks itinerary and can agree to cover the activities being undertaken.
Adventure Peaks do not provide any advice on travel insurance, although it is a requirement of our booking conditions that you have travel insurance which covers the activities which you are likely to be undertaking on your holiday. Cover must include emergency medical, helicopter evacuation, repatriation and rescue expenses.
It is strongly recommended that suitable cancellation insurance is purchased at the time of booking as all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Suggested insurance companies include:
Expeditions or Treks