The Scarpa Manta boot has been an icon and flagship boot for the past three decades. As a multi award winning model in various generations it has represented the “benchmark” in 4 season Mountain boots. Evolving over many generations, the all new Scarpa Manta Tech GTX represents the 7th generation in a long line of market leading footwear! Perfect for winter mountaineering and easier ice routes, this new variation opens up the scope for the Manta range.
Built on the proven and very well appreciated FT last, it offers a unique and complimentary fit to other models in the mountain collection. The outsole package maintains its stability with a proven, durable and reliable package that suits the workhouse nature of the boot and underfoot assurance is maintained with the outstanding Vibram Mulaz S sole unit.
The key changes however focus on the upper, where lines have been cleaned reducing stitching and materials facilitating the updated cosmetics, whilst maintaining a perfect flexation/support balance in the cuff area. The use of a larger heel pull tab facilitates easier access in and out of the boot, especially with a gloved hand. The use of the partial TPU rand, has helped with the optics, but also reduced some weight, alongside the new lace hardware. A key update has been to use the higher insulation of the GORE-TEX® Insulated Comfort, which will allow the boot to perform at a higher altitude and in colder conditions than previous generations.
Scarpa Manta Tech GTX Specifications
- Lining: 3mm Perwanger Suede leather upper with GORE-TEX® Insulated Comfort lining for durable warmth
- Full perimeter combination rand of rubber and PU for abrasion resistance
- Multi-density PU midsole provides support and cushioning
- Vibram® outsole in Mont rubber gives long lasting traction and security
- TPU heel insert ensures a solid interface with semi-automatic crampons
- Crampon Rating: B2
- Weight: 880g (1/2 pair size 42)