As the name suggests, the Millet Alpinist GTX is intended for extreme cold and high altitude mountaineering. The boot features a semi-rigid shell within an aramaid reinforced Gore-Tex gaitor. The shell houses a removable inner slipper with a non-compressing fastening system to allow full blood circulation. The aluminised alveolite helps the Millet Everest to insulate down to -60°C
The Millet Everest GTX boot is our recommended boot for any high altitude expedition. It is a regular on 8000m peaks and is regularly used in our expeditions on Everest and the other seven summits. The new Gore-Tex Top Dry Fabric is has helped Millet to reduce the weight of this boot by 10%.
If you need any help with the expedition boots that we offer, please feel to ring is in the shop (015394 33794) to discuss which model will suit you best for fit and for your expedition.
Millet Everest GTX Features
- Boot with semi-rigid shell and built-in GORE-TEX® gaiter reinforced by aramid threads, and removable inner slipper
- Automatic crampon attachment
- Non-compressive fastening
- Double zip, so easier to put on
- Microcellular midsole to increase insulation
- Removable inner slipper in aluminised alveolite
- Fibreglass and carbon footbed
- Cordura + Evazote upper
- Elasticated collar.
AVERAGE WEIGHT 1/2 pair 1320 grs (8)
When fitting Crampons, all boots over size 12 must use the Black Diamond Serac crampon in conjunction with long bars and the Grivel extra-long crampon straps.