This is a journey to the wild and remote land of Mongolia’s Altai Tavan Bogd mountains which straddle the border with Russia and China in the far west of the country. The country’s highest snow capped peaks lead down to lush alpine pastures which stretch out towards the Gobi Desert. Our itinerary sets out to climb three of its remote summits including: Mt Khuiten (4374m) Mongolia’s highest peak, Mt Nairamdal (4180m) and Mt Malchin (4037m). Mongolia’s longest glacier, the Potanin glacier, stretches for 19km from the eastern face of Mt Khuiten. The summit of Mt Khuiten affords spectacular views down into Russia and China. We will be supported by local Tuvan herders as our camel drivers and porters, who will share their culture and traditions on the expedition. We fly to Ulaanbaatar and onwards to Olgii before a drive and short trek takes us to our base camp below these remote glaciated peaks that provide wonderful climbing in a rarely visited corner of the world.
Altitude 4374m, Grade 2B
Visit remote Mongolia and climb Mt Khuiten its highest peak
- Dates and Prices
- Trip Dossier
- What's included
- What's excluded
- Reviews (5)
- International flights from London (Flight inclusive package)
- A British expedition team leader. Small groups may use a local leader.
- Local climbing guide.
- Internal flights from Ulaanbaatar to Olgii (return)
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights booked with Adventure Peaks
- Permits, charges, importation taxes and levies payable to the Local Authorities in connection with the expedition.
- Food, fuel and cooking equipment whilst on the mountain.
- All tents and other communal equipment necessary for the climb.
- 4 nights 4* Hotel accommodation in UB on a Bed & Breakfast basis (twin share).
- 1 night local hotel accommodation in Olgii on a full board basis (twin share).
- 9 nights camping on a full board basis (twin share).
- Porters for BC-ABC-BC section of the climb.
- Camels and camel drivers to support the expedition.
- Medical safety equipment and supplies.
- Communication equipment (each member on a Grade 3B or above are normally provided with a radio whilst on the mountain and the team is often supported with a Satellite Telephone and e-mail facilities on extended expeditions at Base Camp).
- 90 – 120 litre kit bag for expedition members for UK based clients. A logoed top will be substituted for all clients residing outside of the UK and for returning clients
- 15% off the RRP on clothing and equipment purchases from Adventure Peaks shop
- Personal climbing clothes and equipment.
- Travel to and from UK airport (unless otherwise specified).
- Personal insurance, visas, departure tax and inoculations.
- Transfers to and from the in-country airport if flights NOT booked with Adventure Peaks
- Drinks and hotel or guest house meals, unless specified.
- Personal medical supplies and personal use of communication equipment.
- Excess baggage.
- Tips for porters and local guides.
- Single room and single tent supplements.
- Costs associated with an expedition finishing early.
- Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
- Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
International flights to Ulaanbaatar
Hike Mount Tsetseguun
Internal flight to Olgii
Fly back to Ulaanbaatar
At leisure in Ulaanbaatar
Return international flights
It is vitally important that you have adequate travel insurance for your trip with Adventure Peaks. We recognise the complexity and variety of choice in the insurance market and know that many of you either have your own preferred insurer or have annual multi trip cover in place already. If this is the case, please ensure that your insurer is aware of your Adventure Peaks itinerary and can agree to cover the activities being undertaken.
Adventure Peaks do not provide any advice on travel insurance, although it is a requirement of our booking conditions that you have travel insurance which covers the activities which you are likely to be undertaking on your holiday. Cover must include emergency medical, helicopter evacuation, repatriation and rescue expenses.
It is strongly recommended that suitable cancellation insurance is purchased at the time of booking as all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Suggested insurance companies include:
Expeditions or Treks
- HCC Medical Insurance Services LLC Tel: +1-800 605 2282
- Travelex Insurance Services Tel: +1-800 228 9792
- True Traveller Insurance Tel: 0333 999 3140 for treks including over 4500m
- Austrian Alpine Club (UK) Tel: +44 (0)1929 556870 (up to 6000m)
- Snowcard Tel: +44 (0)1295 660836
- The B.M.C. Tel: +44 (0)161 445 6111 (please note the BMC cannot cover Mt Damavand)
- Dogtag Tel: 0800 036 4824 (UK residents only)
- World Nomads (up to 6000m)
- Insure for Less (Australians only)
How many people
DepositsThe Initial Deposits for this booking will be :£400 per Person
|24th Jul 2022 - 7th Aug 2022
|31st Jul 2022 - 14th Aug 2022
|23rd Jul 2023 - 6th Aug 2023
|30th Jul 2023 - 13th Aug 2023
|With UK Flight dates||Availability||Days||Price||Book|
|23rd Jul 2022 - 7th Aug 2022
|30th Jul 2022 - 14th Aug 2022
|22nd Jul 2023 - 6th Aug 2023
|29th Jul 2023 - 13th Aug 2023