Would you like to experience what it is like skiing to the North or South Pole? Our Polar expedition training program in Norway will give you the experience and basic knowledge of how to prepare and train for a polar expedition, even if you don’t have any intention of taking it any further you will have experienced Wild Norway!
The course will give your training a massive boost and hone your skills in:
- Using and getting to know your cold weather gear
- Expedition skills & personal organisation
- Use of Pulks
- Building Extreme Weather Camps
- Stoves, Fuel, Food & Water preparation in extreme environment
- Build up your winter camp routines
- Develop your resistance to the elements
- Expedition ski techniques (no previous skiing experience required)
- Safety, weather, navigation.
In addition you will have completed a full three-day journey where you will have lived in expedition tents, eaten expedition food and followed routines that are the same, as you will meet on the icecap, 1 hour of skiing, 10 minutes break continuously for 6-8 hours per day