The Rab Andes 1000 sleeping bag offers similar warmth to the Rab Expedition range, in a more performance orientated shape, maximising warmth-to-weight and reducing pack size. Whether attempting one of our Aconcagua expeditions or winter bivvies here in the UK, the Rab Andes 1000 sleeping bag really is a fantastic all rounder.
The Andes Series sleeping bags are designed to be the warmest bags for their weight. In that spirit, RAB has ruthlessly stripped any excess from these bags, using the lightest lining fabric, Pertex Microlight and by hand filling, the optimum amount of down is added to the bags.
RAB down bags the down sports a hydrophobic finish to resist the onslaught of frost and will leave the down in tip top conditions for many years.
With 1000g of high quality 800FP European Goose Down, the Andes 1000 is designed for use up to 8000m altitude or on exposed belays, in temperatures as low as -27°C.
Styled in a ‘mummy shape’ to reduce pack size, the Andes 1000 uses a combination of high quality Pertex® inner and outer fabrics to provide increased durability and windproof. Key features include longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration, chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology and anti-snag webbing tape throughout. The Pertex® Endurance outer fabric keeps the high quality down protected from the elements and from damage.
The Andes range of sleeping bags are hand-filled in Derbyshire, UK.
- Weight: 1605g
- Down fill weight: 1000g (35.2oz)
- Rab® Sleep Limit: -27°C (-17°F)
- Pertex® Endurance outer fabric
- Pertex® Microlight inner fabric
- Pertex® Endurance inner fabric in hood and foot
- 800FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Polygiene® STAY FRESH odour control technology / Close fitting neck baffle design
- Longitudinal chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology to control down
- Face baffle for improved hood fit
- Mummy shape
- Longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Max user height: 195cm/76.8 inches/6ft4
- Shoulder width: 75cm/29.5 inches
- Hip width: 57cm/22.5 inches
- Foot width: 41cm/16 inches