One of Rab’s most well-established, award-winning Rab Xenon X Jacket has been updated and now uses the new ‘Gold Active Insulation’ from PrimaLoft®, offering higher levels of breathability and completely eliminating cold spots.
This combined with PrimaLoft’s ability to retain warmth even when damp makes the Xenon X an extremely versatile piece, perfect for everything from a windy belay down in the Langdale Valley on one of our climbing courses to tackling some of the world’s highest mountains on one of our own Adventure Peaks expeditions. With technical features such as an under-helmet hood, elasticated cuffs and a slim fit, the Xenon X Jacket ups it’s game for this winter and will continue to be our classic go-to layer for every adventure. The Rab Xenon X Jacket is a go to staff favourite here amongst Adventure Peaks staff.
The benefit of the PrimaLoft® ‘Gold Active Insulation’ over a down filled coat, is that in our often wet climate here in Cumbria and other parts of the UK, is that even if you get caught out in a heavy shower then the synthetic fill has the ability to keep you warm even when the jacket is wetted out.
With the PrimaLoft® components, the Rab Xenon Jacket is ideal worn over an outer shell as a belay jacket or worn under a down-filled piece as an extra layering piece on those extremely cold mountains. The Rab Xenon X Jacket makes it on to the majority of our kit lists for courses and expeditions.
- Weight: 343g (estimate depenind on size)
- Pertex Quantum® outer fabric
- 100% nylon ripstop lining
- PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active
- Under helmet hood, lycra bound
- 2-way opening YKK® VISLON® front zip, internal insulated baffle, chin guard
- 2 YKK® zipped hand-warmer pockets
- 1 YKK® internal zipped pocket, doubles as integrated stuff sack
- Elasticated cuffs, hem drawcord
- Slim fit