It is just 7 weeks to departure, if you are still looking to join a guaranteed expedition, book now! Our approach gives you seven more potential summit days and a greater chance of success compared to those who trek in from Arughat on the same duration of expedition. Find out more here
Di Gilbert and our K2 summit team will be setting off for a spectacular trip to K2, an iconic and highly prized mountain. You can follow their progress on our news page.
We also have 4 stunning 8000m peaks guaranteed with spaces available. Manaslu and Cho Oyu departing in August and Everest and K2 both guaranteed again for 2017.
100% Cho Oyu Summit Success. Every member of the AP team and our sherpa, Onchyou summited Cho Oyu on a perfect day. The snow was crisp and good under food. a little wind blew the clouds away and we had views of almost every Himalayan mountain you can think of. We are looking forward to getting back to Kathmandu and the delights there.
9th May: The team moved to Camp 2 on Thursday getting ready for their summit attempt, and this morning James, Zach, Phil and Jason made their summit bid. They set off at 2.30 a.m this morning and by 6.30 a.m had reached 6400m at the base of the ridge. Due to the recent heavy snowfall, there was excessive snow on the ridge, to the point that crevasses had opened up. It was decided that conditions were too difficult to continue, so the team made the wise decision to descend.
1st Oct – Rob called and left a message today to say that The team made their summit bid today. Jan turned around around before reaching the summit after not feeling so good, everyone else reached the summit. They are now down at Camp 2 and will clear down to ABC tomorrow. Well done to all the team.
24th May Congratulations to the team who made the summit at 4.00am GMT, all were in good spirits and should now be well on their way back to camp. If all goes well and the energy levels are maintained they will drop down to at least camp 2. More news later but well done.
28th Sept The team are now down at BC. There has been a sherpa & rope fixing meeting and due to the recent avalanche activities, the result of which it has been decided that there will be no further rope fixing for the foreseeable future. This has resulted in the majority of the teams, including our team, on the mountain deciding to abandon any further summit attempts and head back to Kathmandu.