Shop Terms and conditions not including Expeditions, Treks or Courses
Adventure Peaks Ltd are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please contact us
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future. None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way.
If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
Our Contact details:
Adventure Peaks Ltd
101 Lake Road Ambleside Cumbria LA22 0DB United Kingdom
Phone: 015394 33794
Fax: 015394 338333
Email: shop [at] adventurepeaks [dot] com
VAT No. 755948575
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept all major credit card payments including Visa and Mastercard.
When a confirmation of your order is received, it indicates that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice.
We have included this term to protect us in case a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Please note that online and in store pricing may differ. Although we are happy to sell a product at our online price in any of our stores, the P&P cost will be added to account for the difference in overheads.
We are not able to deliver to a PO box. You must use a standard postal address. If you do use a PO Box we will not be liable for any postage costs for your item to be returned and sent back out to you.
If your item is not in stock, we will place your item back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20% VAT is included. All other orders are VAT free. Once you have created your account on our website prices will automatically be displayed as VAT free if you are eligible for VAT free purchases.
Footwear restocking fee
We will charge a £15 Footwear Restocking Fee for UK customers who request 2 pairs of shoes/boots (including hire boots) when both pairs of shoes/boots are returned for a refund. This fee covers administration and restocking time and will be deducted from your original payment prior to any refunds being made. All returned shoes/boots must be returned to us no longer than 7 days after date of receipt for a refund request to be considered.
- We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 14 day no quibble guarantee provided they are returned with the original packaging and labels.
- You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days for a full refund or exchange (subject to stock availability). Do this by contacting us by letter or email and quoting the order number supplied to you. For the Christmas Period, all purchases can be returned by January 10th for a refund or exchange.
- Your refund will be paid within 30 days.
- You are responsible for the postage cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value.
- When returning an item for an exchange, i.e. for another size or colour please be aware a small fee will apply to cover postage, packaging and restocking.
- We will notify you of the exact amount before sending out the replacement item.
- This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault – for example, if goods are faulty or wrongly described. Any goods returned should be in saleable condition with original package and labels.
- Any goods returned should be in saleable condition with original package and labels.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns of any Personal Protective Equipment including climbing equipment and helmets unless faulty. This would be dealt with under warranty and returns.
- All products are guaranteed against failure due to defective workmanship or materials, but this excludes faults caused by accidents, neglect or misuse. The guarantee is in line with the guarantee policy stipulated by the product manufacturer.
- If you find a fault with a product purchased from Adventure Peaks Ltd please do not hesitate to get in touch so we can advise you on how to proceed with the item.
Adventure Peaks Ltd do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, alternatively, you can call on 015394 33794 (International +4415394 33794) or fax us on 015394 338333 or write to us at 101 Lake Road Ambleside Cumbria LA22 0DB United Kingdom
Loyalty Card Scheme
- Holders of our Loyalty Card Scheme are entitled to 1 free tea or coffee with every shop purchase over £30 (A maximum of 1 free cup per purchase each day). To redeem this offer you must present your receipt at Cafe Altitude with your members card. This offer can be withdrawn at any point without notice.
- Adventure Peaks reserve the right to cancel this promotion at any time.
- Adventure Peaks Loyalty Card scheme discount is not to be used in conjunction with any other shop or web promotion or discount.
- Loyalty Card scheme and discount coupons are eligible for 12 months from date of issue.
Booking Conditions for Expeditions, Treks and Conditions
- All bookings are made with Adventure Peaks Limited Registered Company, Number 4063174 (hereinafter referred to as the Company) whose registered office is 101 Lake Road, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0DB, United Kingdom, whose director is David Pritt.
- The company is Fully Bonded in compliance with the EC Directive on Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours
- The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the Company shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law alone. Any disputes or claims are to be decided by the English courts, and subject to English Law alone.
- Any reference to the term ‘trip’ in these booking conditions covers any course, trek, walk or expedition we sell.
- In order to make a booking you can telephone us, book online or complete and sign the Booking Form and post it to Adventure Peaks Limited with your deposit as indicated in the brochure, on the booking form or on the online booking page of our website. Unless the trip is full you will receive confirmation of booking and further details within a few days.
- Interim deposits to the same value are due 5 months before departure and the remaining balance is due 10 weeks before departure, excepting:
a. Carstenz Pyramid, 8000m Peaks and the full Snow Leopard Challenge where two interim deposits to the same value are due 6 months and 4 months before departure and the remaining balance is due 10 weeks before departure.
b. Denali, Arctic and Antarctica trips where the interim is due 6 months before departure and the remaining balance is due 4 months before departure.
c. UK or Alps based courses where no interim is required and the remaining balance is due two months before departure.
- Extensions to all itineraries can be purchased separately and are subject to a separate deposit of £200 per person (£400 per person for the Galapagos).
- It is important to be aware that once your deposits are paid, should you wish to cancel at any time thereafter, the deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. In addition the cancellation penalties detailed below will be applied. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable cancellation insurance coverage from the time of booking.
- The Company may request from you a payment for your international flight, if the airline concerned, or its agent, demands any such payment from the Company in order to reserve or confirm a seat and this is made before you have paid the final balance for your trip.
- If the Interim deposit or balance is not received by the specific date, we reserve the right to take the payment from your card or cancel your booking and your deposits will be forfeited, unless the Company Director has agreed a delay in your payment.
- Cancellation of bookings must be notified in writing or by email. Cancellation charges are set out below, based on the date of receipt of written notification:
1. More than 10 weeks notice before departure – loss of initial and interim deposits
2. 8-10 weeks notice – 60% of total trip cost
3. 6-8 weeks notice – 80% of total trip cost
4. less than 6 weeks notice – 100% of total trip cost
- For Arctic and Antarctica trips the cancellation charges are:
1. More than 180 days notice before departure – loss of deposit
2. 120 – 180 days notice – loss of deposit and loss of interim deposit
3. less than 120 days notice – 100% of total trip cost.
- We reserve the right to cancel any trip which does not have sufficient people taking part to make it financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we undertake to inform you as soon as possible, but this may occur after final balances have been taken but will not occur less than 30 days before the departure date.
- Cancellation of a trip by the Company will entitle you to a refund of the fees paid to the Company for your trip, unless cancellation has been forced by unforeseen government intervention in which case actual costs incurred by the Company will be subtracted from any refund due. No other compensation will be allowable.
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realised that in this type of adventurous travel, changes to the itinerary may occur for which the Company accepts no responsibility, however caused. The Company will make every effort to inform you of any change, as we know of each change before departure. Your final itinerary may differ in respect of the places where you stay overnight. In particular it may be necessary to alter your itinerary at short notice due to adverse weather, force majeure, mountain conditions, client or leader illness, road conditions, or to operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation, facilities, aircraft, vessels and other forms of transport. Should such conditions involve clients in extra costs such as accommodation, transportation and meals, such costs should be borne by the client.
- International flights are on scheduled national carriers, except for Europe and Morocco where we may use budget airlines. At the time of going to print, we are unable to name the airline or the type of aircraft. Flight details will be sent to you within one month of your departure.
- We hold an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The Company’s ATOL number is ATOL 5882. When you buy an ATOL protected fight or flight inclusive trip from the Company you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate (if any), are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- If you book to join a trip on a ‘land only’ basis, the Company cannot accept any responsibility for any of the travel arrangements that you make in order to join that trip. The Company accepts no financial liability that may arise from any enforced change to your travel plans due to any alteration of the trip dates, the itinerary or its cancellation, howsoever caused. You are advised to book transferable, refundable travel tickets with no penalties should a cancellation be necessary. Transfers to and from the destination airport and the first and last hotel are not included.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any missed connecting transport that you have booked independently of the Company.
- If you have any complaints whilst on holiday, you must immediately inform your tour leader or our overseas representative who will use all reasonable efforts to remedy it. If you remain dissatisfied, you must make full details of the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of your holiday. If you fail to follow this simple complaints procedure, your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be effected or even lost as a result.
- The Company may for operating reasons adjust advertised departure and return dates by 24 hours, even after bookings have been accepted.
- Our Leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the group as a whole. Signing the booking form signifies your acceptance of the Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, he/she may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes that person’s health is at risk, inadequate fitness, if an illegal act is committed, or their behaviour becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group. Should the Leader take such action, that person would not be entitled to any refund.
- The company reserves the right to change the advertised trip leader. For departures of small numbers of people we reserve the right to use an English speaking local trip leader.
- Most of our trips involve going to high-altitude and carry an inherent risk of altitude illness. Likewise most of our trips visit remote locations with limited infrastructures where the risks to health are increased and the ability to treat injury or illness effectively is reduced. You must also understand climbing, mountaineering and trekking are hazardous activities with a risk of serious injury or death.
- Neither the Company nor any of their representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on their trip except where such illness, injury or death is caused by negligence or that of their representatives, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property.
- On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered in the mountains or the abilities of the team members, your trip Leader may decide to change any aspect of the trip, if he/she believes that to continue with the itinerary would place anyone at undue risk.
- Most trips have days in the itinerary that are included to provide flexibility in case of bad weather or other delays, and thereby increases the chance of your main objective being achieved and for the trip to be successful. If these days are not needed in order to achieve the aim of the expedition and the team decides to return from the mountains early, any additional costs incurred by you and associated with extra hotel nights, or services that would not otherwise have been provided nor were given in the published itinerary, must be met by you, the client at the time.
- The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences.
- To take part in one of our trips you the client, must be covered by adequate insurance for the complete duration of the trip. Your insurance must include cover for: medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation, helicopter evacuation. If in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation from a trip of you the client, either by foot, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client. Any subsequent costs for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc shall be borne by the client. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance is in place before departure.
- In case of a suspected or confirmed emergency involving you or the group of which you are a member, the Company reserves the right to arrange (or to make arrangements for its or your insurers to arrange) rescue and recovery as it deems appropriate and reasonable. You agree to indemnify the Company and keep the Company indemnified from all losses, apportioned appropriately to you, arising from any such helicopter usage and any resulting repatriation, for medical or non-medical reasons, including legal costs of making a recovery against you.
- Adventure Peaks representatives, other than the Director of the Company, are not entitled to promise refunds or additional services for whatever reason, and the Company will not be bound by any such promise.
- A client leaving a trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by the Director of The Company.
- Trip prices are based on an exchange rate of US$1.6 /Euro 1.15 – UK£1 and operating costs at the time of booking. The Company reserves the right to levy fuel and/or currency surcharges following significant currency fluctuations or operating costs beyond our control. We sincerely hope that surcharges will not be necessary, but in the unlikely event that they are, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of the cost of the trip.
- We encourage early booking to guarantee the best pricing. The Brochure prices are subject to change and are most likely to gradually increase after publication. Adventure Peaks Website states the bookable price and latest offers.
- Any air travel that is part of any trip is subject to the conditions as stipulated by the airline concerned and liability is limited in accordance with International Convention.
- If the UK Foreign Office does not issue advice against all travel to your destination, and you decide not to travel on the basis of a perceived threat or hazard, howsoever formed, this will be interpreted as a voluntary cancellation and the charges set out in booking condition 11 applied.
- Non-UK Nationals should consult their own government for advice on travel to the destination country and all countries transited en route. The Company will however be governed by advice from the UK Foreign Office.
- Adventure Peaks Limited is in the business to help people realise their goals. We undertake to do all in our power to help make your involvement with Adventure Peaks Limited positive and rewarding.
- Having made every effort to ensure correctness of this brochure and supporting materials, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
- The Company shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998). When you make a booking, you consent to all the information you provide being passed on to the Company’s suppliers, agents, sub-contractors, employees or volunteers whether based inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purpose of our providing you with the trip
- By agreeing to these booking conditions, you consent to the Company’s staff taking photographs and/or video footage of you during the trip and that these images may be used by the Company for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites material and in the media. Photos and video footage supplied by you or other team members may also be used as described above.
- On the advancement of deposit for a booking on any of our trips the client acknowledges that he/she has read and understands the above booking conditions and agrees to be bound by them.